WELCOME TO THE SACRED CENTER
We are an inclusive, life affirming, interfaith, online and local community on Aquidneck Island in Rhode Island devoted to helping people find their sacred center within.
Indoor classes at Common Fence Point Hall begin May. 13th Outdoor classes at the Norman Bird Sanctuary and Third Beach with Rev Shelley, Lori Silvia and Kathy Kenney will begin June 5th.
We are glad you have found our global address...Stay tuned and connected by joining our email list.
Our goal is to offer programming that is deeply nurturing for people of all ages, all genders, all abilities and from every spiritual orientation. In addition to Summer outdoor yoga at the Norman Bird Sanctuary and Third Beach, we offer live streamed yoga classes, yoga on demand via our YouTube channel, Zoomed spirituality book groups, uplifting posts on Facebook as well as spiritual counseling and commUNITY prayer walks and gatherings. Wherever and however you connect with us, you will be welcomed into an atmosphere and experience of kindness, love, compassion and acceptance. We hope to offer you encouragement on your journey.
~Come, let's keep growing together~
Namaste, Reverend Shelley Dungan
Dear Friends & Yogis,
I truly hope this email finds you well and hopeful. I am delighted to say that we are all set to launch in-person classes at all 3 locations including Third Beach! Many thanks to those who sent prayers and good vibes to help the permit get approved. If you are ready to practice once again in community here are a few things you might like to know:
1. Registration is needed to attend all classes at Common Fence Point Community Center and Norman Bird Sanctuary because space is limited. You can reserve you place in class by clicking this link to book through Vagaro.
2. Beach classes (which include more than just yoga) can be attended as a drop-in OR by booking on Vagaro for the convenience of paying online.
3. You will be asked to sign a liability and Covid waiver each time you come to class.
4. We will follow the CDC guidelines as Summer unfolds. At this time, masks are not required for outdoor yoga. Masks are needed at Common Fence Point.
5. Please bring your own yoga gear to class - outdoors this means a big blanket or quilt, indoors this means yoga mat, block, blanket.
6. Outdoor class cancellations will be posted an hour before class on our FB page, IG and TSC website homepage. It is a good idea to check before coming down. If it is raining or the temp is to too chilly or the wind too strong, we cancel class.
7. I plan to publish the schedule monthly to allow for changes/additions to our offerings as Summer unfolds.
8. Please note Kathy's 2 new classes on the beach...Tai Chi Easy and Yo-Gong. Scroll down for the descriptions or click here.
9. I am grateful to say I am still able to keep the class price at $10. However, donations to offset the rental cost associated at all 3 locations is most welcome. There is also financial assistance available to anyone who needs it...our intention is that this practice be truly, YOGA FOR ALL.